||The league to consist of 3 divisions with up to 6 clubs in each division.
||All competitions to be played on a Saturday or Sunday. All 2021 fixtures must be completed before 1st August 2021. If a fixture has to be totally abandoned on the day due tobad weather or other exceptional circumstances, the host club will try to re-arrange it on or before 1st August 2021.
||Competition format is an individual WHS handicap qualifying* Stableford.
*Fixtures may be declared non-qualifying by the host club only if exceptional circumstances require.
- Playing Handicap allowance is 95% of Course Handicap plus any Course Rating/Par Adjustment shots where applicable.
- Maximum WHS Playing Handicap is 36 for competition result purposes (all players).
- Boys play off the male competition tees of the day & girls play off the ladies' tees, using the respective cards and Stroke Index. The host club shall specify the tees for the day.
- All participating clubs to email their Course Handicap Tables to the MCJL organisers before the start of the season for publication on the MCJL website.
||Maximum of 5 players per team. The best 3 Stableford scores will be aggregated to give the team score. A team of 2 is a minimum requirement and in such cases the team score will be those 2 Stableford scores plus the lowest score of the day of the field.
||The team with the highest points is the League winner. Should two or more clubs finish the season on the same number of points, the winner shall be determined by the team scores in the last event. (If still equal; in the last 2 events, then 3 events etc.)
||The overall MCJL Champion shall be decided by a Stableford play-off between all League winners under the same rules as the League fixtures. Should a club be unable to participate on the appointed date, the place shall be offered to the next available team from their League. Ties in the play-off shall be decided by the best score by player number one of the teams then, if necessary, by the number two, three etc.
||Age limit: Below 19 years on the 1st September 2021 (if the play-off final is after 1st September 2021 a player who has already played in the team may continue to play). A player may only play for one MCJL member club in a season.
||Caddies are NOT allowed. Supporters (parents, friends, team mates) following a group must stay at a DISCREET DISTANCE AT ALL TIMES ONCE PLAY HAS COMMENCED & MUST NOT GIVE ANY ADVICE OR INFORMATION TO A PLAYER (see Rules of Golf 10.2) Failure to comply will result in 'Disqualification' for the junior receiving advice. Ball spotting & assisting in the search for a lost ball is permitted by spectators.
||Individual golfing disputes, which have not been resolved during play, must be brought to the attention of the host J/O IMMEDIATELY after completion of the round. The host J/O may make a decision within the MCJL rules and the rules of golf, or may refer the matter to the MCJL sub-committee for a FINAL ruling. Claims made later than as specified above will not be considered.
||HOST CLUB RESPONSIBILITIES
Host club J/O to email the participating clubs:
- at least 2 weeks in advance, the arrangements for the day (including their club's WHS Course Rating Tables if not already published on MCJL website.)
- at least 48 hours before play, the start sheet and times together with any other relevant information.
- play shall be in 3-balls as far as possible. Host J/O may amend start times & order of play if it is deemed reasonable and necessary for those present on the day to complete the fixture.
- all clubs are expected to observe duty of care guidance and regulations and must detail the person responsible for safeguarding issues on the day.
- provide a prize of 12 top grade golf balls for the winning team. If a tie the balls will be shared
- submit the results sheet to the MCJL website immediately after the close of the competition.
||VISITING CLUB RESPONSIBILITIES
- provide Handicap Index and CDH ID numbers of all players to the host club at least 72 hours before date of play.
- ensure their team registers with host J/O at least 30 minutes ahead of their first tee time (45 minutes if shotgun start).
- on or prior to arrival provide the host J/O with their MCJL Team Sheet detailing contact information of parents/guardians and any special requirements/needs.
- ensure players wear team shirts & observe dress code of the host club on and off the course.
Host clubs are NOT required to provide a meal for players after the league rounds. If food is required at the MCJL play-off final, it must be arranged with the host club and paid for by the players. Food at the end of season MCJL Open is paid for out of Annual Subscriptions. Meals at the NWCL Final must be paid for by the Junior Organiser at the latest on the day of the final.
The AGM will take place on an agreed day after the end of season MCJL Open. The day will usually consist of a round of golf at the hosting club, followed by a meal & the AGM. (The cost of the meal to be borne by each guest & paid for if cancelled within 48 hrs of the event).
||Annual subscriptions must be PAID IN FULL BY 1ST MARCH 2021 (Subscriptions from 2020 have been carried forward to 2021)